Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Friday's Watercolor Class

Here's my "favorite" student of all! He is 93 years old, lives on Kauai part-time and comes to my classes once or twice a week when he is on island. Such a wonderful man with a very big heart! He has created several masterpieces since painting with me and is having many of them framed for his home. (I certainly hope to still be painting at 93!)
This young lady is showing us one of her latest watercolors (the heliconia) and also her first acrylic painting (the hibiscus) that she painted in a previous class. She is also one of my art class "regulars" and lives on Kauai full-time.

These two ladies dropped in for their first watercolor lesson last week after taking my silk painting class. One lives here full-time and the other in California (but frequently visits Kauai). Both are very artistic, and I really enjoyed "talking story" with them about art, Etsy, blogs, fabric art and more!!!
I am always amazed at what my students create in a single watercolor class! Mahalo to these very talented students and extremely nice people!
Aloha,
Marionette


5 comments:

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

Wow...God bless him - I hope I am still painting when I'm 93! Thanks for sharing some of your students' beautiful works of art - gives me hope I'll have a beautiful one of my own after my first lesson...Have a wonderful day tomorrow Marionette! Dava :D

bondearte said...

I like this work,
Any age is good for ART
Congratulations

Jean Levert Hood said...

I love it Marionette! Your students are doing great work, and all look so thrilled.

One of my summer drawing students is 92. I want to be like her when I grow up!

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Your favourite student is so adorable, I just want to give him a big hug - lovely paintings he has done! Cheers Val

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

Well if they do that good in one class, it must be the TEACHER!!!

Great blog, it's always so fun to read and see what you guys are up to out there on Kauai!!

ALoha!!