Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kauai Society of Artists Show

I finally did it! I joined Kauai Society of Artists and entered my first juried show with them. (Thank you Schar!) All three pieces I entered made it into their Small Works Show (16"x16"x16" maximum).

The show runs through January 30, 2009 and can be viewed at Kukui Grove Exhibition Hall in Lihue, Kauai. The juror is Maile Andrade, an Associate Professor & Graduate Chair at Kamakakuokalani Center for Hawaiian Studies, University of Hawaii-Manoa, Honolulu, and mixed media artist. The show is open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Fridays until 8 p.m.).

All three of my entries are 8"x10" framed to 11"x14" in a koa veneer frame and can be purchased at the show for $195.00 each.


Poipu Hula Pastel

Relaxing at Maha'ulepu Pastel

A Hawaiian Hibiscus Watercolor with Pen & Ink
(detail)

3 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Wonderful for you, Marionette!! I hope they all sell!

Michele Reed said...

Congratulations! These are so pretty...I especially love the Hibiscus, I have a soft spot for that plant....and am lucky enough to live in an area in California where they grow well....I have about five different colors in my backyard! Good Luck! :)

artbylmr said...

Lovely entries and congratulations getting all 3 in! I hope you sell them all!

Lynne