Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let's Go Fishing - Kauai Style

After doing some chores around the house this Memorial Day Weekend, my hubby and I found a little time to do some ocean fishing late in the afternoon. Here is our "secret" fishing spot. My hubby used to fish here a lot with his father. He says that you're almost guaranteed to catch something!
Here he is reeling in his catch of the day! On Sunday, he caught an 18" eel! Too bad I didn't have my camera that day!
Here I am "pretending" to fish. The water was a little rough for me, so I thought I would leave it to the experienced. I actually have a smaller pole and love to fish in the rivers of Kauai.
On Monday, he caught this cute little guy. He called it a "Kumu". He says this 'kine is good for fish soup.
A close up of our "big" catch of the day! Anyway, it is always fun to go fishing, watch the waves and even get a few big splashes from the sea. Hope you enjoyed this little slice of my Kauai!

Aloha,
Marionette

5 comments:

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

I can definitely see you painting that first picture. Beautiful!!

Yep, them Kumu good kine eating!!!

Aloha & thanks for sharing your day!
Lisa

Schar Freeman said...

Yummmmmmmmie kumu fish soup!! Joe looks so happy fishing. Mahalo for posting this one sistah!

I try figure out where this spot is??? ummmmm...still thinkin'...I will guess your side just before camp 6?

aloha and mahalo for sharing your fun day!
♥schar

Margaret said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful paintings with the world. I was in Kauai last July and in some of my blogs post photos that are relevant to the subject matter.
You are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of our planet.
Your paintings are a feast for the soul.

Jean Levert Hood said...

what a gorgeous place!! Of course, I'm sure you can say that just about any way you turn in Kauai! What big mouth on that tiny little fish! Your hubby looks like a happy one.

michele said...

Love the story. We would never have known you were pretend fishing. Thank you for becoming a follower of my Extremely Crafty blog! I love your art and how it reflects the world around you. Hawaii has always been some place I would love to visit. I'm working my way there albeit slowly. Keep up the great work. I'm nominating your art for an award later today at my site. Hope you don't mind if I nab one of your pictures and post it on my site with a link to you. x