1) Through the eyes of an artist, a work of art can help us imagine what “could be” or remind us of “what was”.
2) Art often tells a story, conveys emotions, or simply makes our environment more beautiful.
3) Art can be calming and relaxing. It can help bring peace, harmony, and tranquility to our surroundings. Just like scented candles, incense, or essential oils relax us through our sense of smell, art sets the mood in a visual way.
4) A personal collection of art makes a statement about who we are. It is another way we can convey our beliefs and values. For example, if one is a strong supporter of environmental issues, he or she may collect art from artists who are making a difference in the environment.
5) When we purchase art during our travels, it gives us the chance to take home something special – something more than a souvenir. The piece will become treasured and full of good memories as the years pass. It can also remind us of happy moments and perhaps even a special occasion – like a honeymoon.
6) Art can help us slow down from our fast-paced lifestyles and explore the beauty around us.
7) We can treasure art our entire lives and then pass it down to future generations to enjoy.
8) Artists are often very passionate and eccentric. They are obviously creative and see things differently from most people. Their work can offer us a rare glimpse into their inner world and personality.
9) By becoming a “Patron of the Arts” we convey to others that we support and encourage artists, museums, and galleries. This helps to make our communities a better place to live.
10) Just as we are rediscovering the value of fine wines, specialty coffees, and gourmet foods, many are also now turning to purchase fine, original art. We are realizing that art is more than a luxury – it is a necessity.
If you can come up with any more reasons why we LOVE art, please feel free to post them in the comments!